Who here is guilty about shopping online? ME, ME, ME! If I give you a peek on my credit card bills every month, you will not be surprised that most of my purchases are from Althea, where you can buy Korean beauty products. I just love that online store! That’s why I am always looking for ways to cut down my online shopping expenses.
Tips on how to save money on online shopping:
- Don’t be an impulsive buyer! First, ask yourself, Do I really need this new shade of lipstick? Have I checked if I still have enough foundation to last me for 2 months? If you answered “No” to the first question, and “Yes” to the latter, lay off that mouse! Close the browser, and move on.
- Look for discount codes and coupons online. If you subscribe to newsletters from your favorite online stores, I am pretty sure that they do send discount coupons every now and then. Take advantage of those, and buy what you need. Hold off your desires to get that new eye shadow, wait for a discount code!
- Take advantage of shop rewards programs. I’ve been shopping through Shopback for months now, and I get 5% cashback from Althea. And since the holiday season is just around the corner, I’ve also been frequenting Daniel Wellington for their cool and sophisticated watches, and StrawberryNET for other global branded items.
- Know when to shop. Most online stores offer discounts and deals from Wednesday to Fridays. So while you’re eyeing stuff online, just leave them in your shopping cart and wait for those online shopping deals to come. It saves you time from adding items to your cart again, plus you get more savings because of the added discounts!
- Create a wishlist! Like I mentioned, the holiday season is just around the corner, so make your loved ones know what you want for Christmas! That way, they can do the online shopping for you!
I am sure that there are lots more that we can do to save our hard-earned money, and sometimes it’s too hard to resist clicking that mouse to add items to our cart and going all the way to checking out, but we have to learn to restrain ourselves, because when the money is gone, and our items are shipped, it’ll be too late for us!
Do you have any tips on how to save more money? Please let me know by leaving comments below!