Last FEB 21, 2015, I got invited as one of the participants of the Mikki Galang x Inglot Colorplay Workshop at the Inglot Store, SM Megamall. It was my second makeup workshop ever. It was an exciting day for me because it was my first time to meet Mikki Galang. I am her fan ever since I followed her blog, mikkigalang.com (formerly Break My Spell). Not only does she blog about beauty, but she also posts about fashion, tips and tricks, and travel! Her beautiful photos also draw me to her blog often.
The store was full of beauty enthusiasts both ladies and gents. Several people were seated but there were also standing participants. To start, Miss Pauline Lim made a short introduction about the event, and introduced Mikki Galang to everyone.
One of Inglot’s makeup artists gave us a brief background about Inglot. There are two Inglot store branches here in the Philippines, one in G/F Glorietta 5 and at SM Megamall 2nd floor, Building A.
More about Inglot:
INGLOT Cosmetics is now one of the world’s leading manufacturers in colour cosmetics, founded in 1983 in a small town of Przemyśl, Poland by Wojtek Inglot. The brand currently has a presence at all major beauty happenings and events around the globe, from the runways of Fashion Week to the stages and sets of TV and Broadway musicals. Moreover, INGLOT constantly cooperates with world-renowned makeup artists and colour consultants to bring the latest colour, texture and form to the market.
A wide range of colours and an impressive variety of products is something that makes INGLOT stand out of the crowd. The range consists of over 1,500 colours with over 450 ways to improve your lips, 600 ways to enhance your eyes, and over 300 ways to portray your face, while the extremely rich collection of nail polishes consists of up to 400 shades. The jewels in INGLOT’s crown are its famous Freedom System, which gives the freedom to assemble custom designed palettes to meet any beauty needs, and the revolutionary O2M Breathable Nail Enamel that ensures oxygen and water vapor permeability.
At the moment INGLOT can be found at over 450 boutique stores, stands and retail locations internationally.
Mikki taught us the color wheel. If you are familiar with the color wheel, choosing the shades to apply as eyeshadows will be a breeze! She taught us how to pair the right colors by doing demos on five women.
Things I’ve learned:
1. You can wear monochromatic colors as eyeshadows. Let’s say you have a light pink, medium pink and dark pink. You’ll work the dark pink over your entire eyelids, then put the medium pink on the crease, and blend them with the light pink. Choose a flattering shade for your skin tone. Blending well is always the key!
2. Wear complementary shades. Complementary shades are colors that are directly in the opposite side of the color wheel. Let’s say blue will go well with orange, and then purple goes well with yellow.
3. Wear adjacent shades. Adjacent shades sit next to each other. In Mikki’s demo, she used blue and green on her model.
4. Choose four different complementary shades that are opposite of each other. This is fun to experiment with but not for everyday. If you are in a photo shoot, this will definitely work!
5. Play with colored eyeliner and mascara. Instead of just using eyeshadows, add oomph with colored eyeliner or mascara. For example, apply a wash of purple eyeshadows all over the lid, and then use blue eyeliner near the lashes. You can experiment by wearing blue mascara instead of eyeliner if you like!
During the demo, Mikki also encouraged us to ask some questions. One question I remembered was if you need to choose the colors you wear based on age. Mikki said: “it should not depend on age, but on MOOD”. I agree! If the makeup is not overdone, it will work out perfectly.
One of the things that I looked forward to on the workshop was meeting fellow beauty enthusiasts and bloggers. I am happy to have met Marielle of FoodWorldMe, and Glenda of A Beauty Bella. It was nice meeting you! Hope that we can bond more next time. 🙂
Finally, the Commenter of the Month was given to… ME! I am super thankful that Mikki picked me! When I read blogs, I usually leave comments because I know how it feels to receive comments. It keeps me inspired to blog more, and I feel happy that someone appreciates what I do.
I got a freedom palette with three eyeshadows, and two lipsticks, all worth Php 5,000! I am beyond ecstatic because of all these. My husband told me before the workshop that I will win the prize. I guess the two of us are so hopeful that the universe granted our wishes. Haha! It was a very tiring day, but I am so happy to go home with my prize. Reviewing them soon! 🙂
I bought two items both for 10% off. I’ve read that Duraline is great for intensifying the color of any powder, and transform it into an easy to apply, water-resistant liquid. I haven’t used it yet, but I will make a review about it once I tested it. I also got the Inglot AMC eyeliner gel in #74 (Eggplant/Dark Purple). I’ve tried to swatch it on my arm, and it is beautiful, and smudge-proof!!! More info on a separate review.
It was a great workshop overall, and I love that I still learned a lot though I watch YouTube to learn about makeup application. It’s really different when a seasoned makeup artist teaches you how to do it.
That concludes the fun event at Inglot!
Hope you enjoyed reading this long post! A review will be up next so stick around!