Online Shopping is my best friend! I can’t count how many times I have purchased online because of how convenient it is for me. Online shopping allows me to browse as long as I want to, without anyone bothering me, and it is also easier to checkout using PayPal or credit card than falling in a long queue to reach the cashier. I also love it when online shopping websites offer awesome beauty coupons, discount codes, and deals! They usually offer cheaper prices, they deliver the goods straight to your home, some websites offer refunds, and they sell a variety of goods, just like a one-stop shop!
I always try to be wiser with my spending. Luckily, I am now able to control myself better, although there are still times that I just couldn’t help it! Hello, limited edition makeup! Ladies, do ya feel me? I don’t want to be a makeup hoarder, so I make sure that I use my makeup in rotation.
Today, I will share some useful tips on how to become a smart online shopper. I do not know everything, but I hope that some of these tips will help you.
1. Only buy from Trusted Sellers. This is definitely my top consideration. Below are the top online shops that I frequent to.
- Luxola – Located in Singapore. Always have great deals, and sale. They ship directly on your doorstep.
- NYXwholesalePH – a U.S. pre-order site sells the cheapest items. I have bought several times from this website. Great seller!
- CareFreeShopper, Digital Traincase, Chic Cosmetics Manila, Kering Keri Store, BeautyCorner.ph, Bon Marche, SumWear Co. & Makeuphub – They sell different brands from the U.S., UK, etc. I have purchased from some of them for years!
- Zalora – Always goes on Sale. A lot of great brands from shoes, clothes, beauty products etc.
- Group buying sites like MetroDeal, CashCashPinoy – I always avail of discounts for restaurants here.
- eBay.ph – I was fond of this website before but got scammed twice already, so I don’t recommend it.
- Instagram – There are a lot of legit sellers here. To name a few are makeuphaul_ph, MakeUpYourMindStore, NicoletteMakeup, and Miss Bella PH.
Though these websites are already established, or well-known, I still research about them, and look for a blog and/or customer reviews to be sure that my items will be delivered safely.
2. Do not buy everything that you want all at once. I have learned this the hard way. Before, I will fill up my cart, checkout, and then worry about my bills later on. Now, I usually fill up my cart with everything that I want, but before I checkout, I only keep the items on my top list. Let’s say I added five tops on my cart, I will only choose at least two and then checkout.
3. Subscribe to newsletters. I subscribe to newsletters of several online shopping sites so that I will be aware if they are on sale! I also receive different coupons that I can use on my next purchases. They really help especially if the items I wanted are quite expensive.
4. Communicate with the seller. A lot of sellers are giving their mobile numbers, Viber, email addresses, and their Facebook pages. If you want to know more about the items, feel free to send them a message so that you won’t end up not liking your items, or asking for refunds.
5. Read blogs and YouTube reviews. This tremendously helps me a lot! If I see a new product or if I am interested to buy something, I usually wait for reviews, or I search for old reviews to find out what other customers have to say. Doing this saves me a lot of money. I love following blogs, especially local ones, because they review products that are usually readily available. There are also tons of YouTube beauty gurus that review products thoroughly. I have listed my favorite gurus HERE.
Those are my top 5 tips. I am sure there are a lot of tips that I haven’t included in here, so feel free to add if you have something in mind. I would love to know how you shop online.
I hope that you found my post useful and See you on my next post! Have a great day!
Disclaimer: All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners, and are in no way associated or affiliated with www.plumpcheeks.com.