Hello, my dear readers! Welcome back to my blog! It is almost the end of the week. Did you realize that it is already November? Time really flies! We are nearing the Holiday season, and on to 2014! What a great year this was for me. This is the year that I am most active on my blog, and I am extremely happy and passionate about it. I feel bad whenever I am unable to prepare for a week’s blog. I love this blog so much, and all of you, my readers! Thank you for supporting my crazy beauty and random addictions. Let us now go to our topic for today.
I tried to recreate Lisa Eldridge’s Cara Delevingne makeup look posted on Youtube. If you don’t know yet, Lisa Eldridge is one of the most highly regarded make-up artists on the international beauty and fashion circuits! (Wikipedia). What I love about her is that, she demonstrates clear and doable tutorials on her Youtube channel. She also encourages her viewers and readers to try her looks, and post the pictures with the hashtag #mylisalook, so that she will be able to see them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. She really views and likes those pictures! I was so ecstatic when she liked my Instagram post here. Let’s talk more of that later on! 🙂
I made a tutorial with pictures to show the step-by-step process on how I made the look. This post is picture-heavy! Let us now get on to the tutorial…
There are several products and tools that I used to create the look.
Now, to create the look, here are what I did…
1. I primed my eyes using the NYX Eyeshadow base to make it more vibrant and long-lasting.
2. I applied the green “pear” shade on my eyelids.
3. I used the white shade on the same palette to highlight under my brow area.
4. I applied “Gunmetal” from the Naked palette on my outer V and crease area, and on the lower lash line, just half way from the outer corners.
5. I applied a bit of “Buck” from the Naked palette as transition color or right above “Gunmetal”, and blended the shadows to remove harsh lines.
6. I applied “Virgin” from the Naked palette in the inner corners of my eyes, and on the lower lash line from the center to the middle lower lash line.
7. I applied “Buck” from the Naked palette on my eyebrows to define it.
8. I applied Maybelline Masterliner in Black on the upper lids closest to the lashes as possible. I also smudged it to remove harsh lines, and made a little wing.
9. I also lined my entire lower lash line with the same black eyeliner.
10. I curled my eyelashes using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
11. Then, applied a generous coat of mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
For the face…
12. I applied the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD concealer over my undereye circles, forehead, nose area, and chin. I blended them nicely to cover my imperfections and blemishes.
I did not use foundation, but you can use it, if you want more coverage.
13. I set the concealer with my Ben Nye Banana Luxury powder, and also dusted it all over my face to reduce shine, and get more coverage.
14. I made a fishy-face to see where to apply my contour. But the fishy-face is not required. LOL! Contouring will make the face look slimmer. I also contoured my temple, forehead, jawline, and the sides of my nose.
15. The last step is to apply a nude lip cream. I used a matte lip cream, but you are free to add lip gloss or a different lipstick to complete the look.
Here are the final looks!
I posted some of these pictures on my Instagram with the hashtag #mylisalook, and guess what? She liked them, and she replied on my twitter! (*happy dance*)
She also posted it on her Pinterest. (*hides*) 😛
This was indeed a great experience for me!
I would like to thank Lisa, for being such an inspiration, and for reaching out to us, her fans.
Anyhow, I hope you liked this post, and let me know where I can improve on, and if you have any thoughts!
Have a safe weekend, guys! :-*